Monday, May 16, 2016

Getting my pre-baby body back

   I am not sure why but I LOVE talking about exercise and nutrition. Looking at me in my current state you would probably think I know nothing about either of those topics but i actually know a lot because I enjoy learning about it and trying new things to help me be healthy for my family.
   In 2013 we had a lot of big changes moving from our comfort zone in Oregon, complete career changes, and health issues that would change me forever. With all of this I was pregnant working 2 full time jobs and commuting 2-3 hours a day and the pounds starting creeping on, we would still continue to run when we had time but as time went on that was less and less. Fast forward a bit, Baby girl #1 was born and their was a new meaning to my life. A couple months later I was given a birth control that made me gain even more weight and mild depression so had that removed at about 8 months postpartum, something in my body must have gotten shaken up or something because a couple weeks later I found out I was about 7 weeks pregnant with baby girl #2. She wasn't necessarily planned but we knew we were supposed to have another baby soon we just didn't know it was going to be THAT soon.

   Anyways, I tried to keep my weight gain low because I was trying to lose the weight before finding out I was pregnant ( the whole reason I had the IUD removed). I did an ok job but being home full time with Preslee and a little boy I was babysitting it made it hard to always eat healthy because I pretty much had to eat during naps which didn't leave a lot of time to prepare meals. 
  
   Now this leaves me to my current situation. I am home full time with Zoey ( 4 months old) and Preslee ( 21 months old) and our Advocare business. 

  Matt and I both just completed the 24 day challenge with Advocare which really helped both of us jump start our weight loss. I lost 15 lbs during the challenge using the supplements and healthy eating to fuel my body and working out at the gym doing the C25K program and a Jamie Eason strength training program which i am really loving both! I use MyfitnessPal to track me Macros ad calories and Bodyspace for the strength training and an app for the C25K.

   I have a long ways to go to get back to my happy weight and to feel like me again. Right now I kind of feel like I am in someone elses body because my mind wants to do things that my body just can't. I now feel like I have the right tools to get where i want to be its just a matter of staying on track. Having Matt on board and doing this with me is soooo helpful. I just cant wait to be able to run like i use to and wear my closet full of clothes that are many many sizes to small right now.

Here is my main big goal is to get my body back to this. I have small 10lb goals and then one big goal. After I get back to this I will reevaluate and see where I want to go from there :)


No comments:

Post a Comment